Ever come across questions that you are so passionate about answering? That’s how I feel for #MakeOverMonday! A social data project that is so dear to my heart.
Wonder what would I tell people who ask me about #MakeOverMonday? Here are 11 things I would enthusiastically say to them! Read on:
- #MakeOverMonday is a super fun data visualization challenge that encourages participation and involvement in the community! You can learn more about it here.
- If you do choose to participate, you will join 150+ active participants who I am sure are having a blast creating innovative vizzes every week.
- You would never wait for Mondays so much in your life once you start participating.
- No matter your geographical location, #MakeOverMonday brings participants closer and activates intellectual conversations around data visualizations. You just have to get past other non-data related conversations on that hashtag on twitter.
- Every submission will make you want to do another one the following week. Trust me, its addicting!
- You’ll learn that with the world generating incredible amounts of data, there is data on just about every topic. Thanks to the organizers Andy Kriebel and Andy Cotgreave for being so kind with providing quality datasets every week.
- Being part of a huge social data project allows you to explore world data that helps feed your brain cells with knowledge and key happenings around you. A great way to keep up to date on the latest and historical news!
- The flexibility of Tableau allows for various creative designs which means no two designs are identically similar; unless you are me and want all your vizzes to be identical to both the Andy’s weekly submissions 😉
- Vertically tall, horizontally wide or tiny mobile-friendly dashboards, you’ll fall in love with work created by the community. Check out Andy Kriebel’s Pinterest board here showcasing the work created by the community so far.
- Progressively your submissions become better than the last, unless you are like thedataduo (Adam and myself) who go backwards in which case your week 1 submission looks way better than week 5.
- Back to point number 2, you’ll never want to do anything else on a Monday!
Its time to get back to vizzing! Thanks for asking me about #MakeOverMonday and I hope you participate! I have enjoyed it so far and look forward to it every week.
What would you tell someone asking about #MakeOverMonday? Let me know in the comments below. As always, thank you for reading!